Wednesday, May 25, 2016

My Car Maintenance Essentials

When you own a car, you are responsible for its maintenance. Aside from regular service checks and keeping the registration and warrant of fitness up to date, it is also expected for the owner to maintain both the exterior and interior of the vehicle.

I do not have any trouble with maintenance as it has been part of my weekly routine. Never has there been a week that passed that I missed keeping my car looking just the way I got it from the car shop. I own a black car and black colored vehicles are notorious for environmental marks (rain, dust) and blemishes from whatever forces of nature. Although it is somehow costly to maintain it, I just love the feeling of contentment after seeing it squeeky clean again.

Here are the products I use for the exteriors of my car. More information is available 

1. Turtle Wax' Jet Black Black Spray Detailer. Just spray it on black surfaces and wipe with microfiber cloth and you'll end up with a sweet looking vehicle.
2. Turtle Wax Performance Plus Express Shine Carnauba Wax. I alternate the use of this and the item above.

3. Mantis Instant Shine. If I don't have the luxury of time and I need to give the car a quick clean like for 5 minutes, this is my go to spray. 
4. CRC Wet Look Tyre Shine. This is for the wheels. Of course it wouldn't be a good looking car if the wheels are dirty.

5. CRC Headlight Doctor. My car's headlight is still looking clear. However, I noticed one day that a patch was seemingly less clear as compared to the other. To prevent the dreaded cloudy-yellowish headlight, I got this product and used it only once. I never had to redo it another time since then. All I can say is it really did what it was supposed to do.


6. Meguiar's Scratch X 2.0. I use this a lot for fine scratches and swirls. I'm usually a very careful driver but sometimes I just get flabbergasted by scratch marks I didn't know how those ended up there.


7. Microfiber cloth. This is a must! Regular cloth can leave swirls and fine scratches so use the microfiber ones. It does not leave lint and it is reusable. 


Alright, those are for exteriors. Now we go inside the car.

1. Turtle Wax Quick & Easy Glass and Dash Interior Cleaner. This is the only interior cleaner I use for spraying the dashboard and the glass.

2. Glade Auto Scented Oil Automotive Car Vent Air Freshener. Who would't want to ride a car that smells great?!


3. Handheld vacuum cleaner. I don't use this much often but if I have to use it, it's only for the very minute pieces that cannot be removed by bare hands.


Enough of those costly items above. Haha. We move on to more expensive car-must-haves: the gadgets.

1. TomTom Go 6100. This is a must wherever I go, especially for long road trips. It tells you exactly where to go! And if you missed a lane or a street, it will reroute and get you to where you need to go. It tells you the estimated time to get to your destination and it shows you the quickest route while avoiding heavy traffic! And one of the best things with this GPS is it tells you your actual speed and it warns you if you are exceeding the limit. Although it costs a fortune, it is worth the value.



2. Kaiser Baas R10+ 1080p Car DVR. This is a dash cam. It's supposed to record the road for accidents, events, and what nots. Primarily, I use it as a device to document the places I've been to (in short, for vlogging). This item is just cheap but it does what it is supposed to do and I am pretty happy with the quality of the video. There are better dash cams around though with extra features like GPS tracking, speed tracking, G-sensor, and other extra features. 

 


These are my car essentials. What do you have in yours?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post!