Monday, September 16, 2013

Kill the Time: Watch TV Series

Okay, I am currently out of the nursing workforce as I am still waiting for my work visa. And of course, the typical indoor-type of guys like me would just spend the time in solitary activities - sleep, eat, surf the web, and watch TV series. I think that has been my life for some years now. I can truly affirm that I am your friendly, next door hermit guy. I stay at home for weeks without even getting bored! Haha. Nah, I'm actually bored right now that's why I am scribbling random words.

Let me talk about a couple of US television shows that have kept me bedridden for weeks now. This, in fact, is my second entry about television shows. My first was made two years ago. And of course, there are shows that come and go; right now, these are the shows that are worth watching for me.

Ratings are as of writing this entry.


 


IMDB Rating: 8.6/10 from 103,762 users

Conspiracies. Middle Eastern terrorism. Unconventional love. CIA. This show is THE SHOW right now. I ignored it at first even though IMDB and other critics have been talking about it. But then the shows I've been following had their season finales... I watched the pilot, then the next episodes, until I got hooked! It's a thriller!! And, uhm, it  won a couple of Emmy's and Golden Globe awards... Watch it!


 





 IMDB Rating: 8.2/10 from 50,955 users

"A white collar criminal agrees to help the FBI catch other white collar criminals using his expertise as an art and securities thief, counterfeiter and racketeer." Join Neal Caffrey and Peter Burke in their FBI journey!











Chicago Fire

IMDB Rating: 6.8/10 from 8,178 users

It's about the firefighters of Chicago, Illinois. I watched this out of curiosity. Probably because my previous assignment as a nurse pretty much involved coordination with the Fire Team in Incident Command System.






   



IMDB Rating: 7.1/10 from 12,315 users

"There is more drama behind the scenes than on stage, as the team prepares an ambitious Broadway musical on the life of Marilyn Monroe." I am not a fan of musicals but the primary reason of watching it is because the music was great. The series ended after just two seasons.







Grey's Anatomy

IMDB Rating: 7.3/10 from 67,306 users

This is another TV series that I religiously followed from the first episode up to the last on it's Season 9 finale. You'll follow the lives of surgical interns until they become present-day attending physicians. This is less technical as compared to ER and House; it's more of the struggles of love, friendship, and adultery among the smart and funny physicians of Seattle Grace Hospital. But beware, the series  demeans nurses a lot.









IMDB Rating: 7.2/10 from 864 users

This show only lasted for one season, with 18 episodes. I have to use my own words above: I watched this out of curiosity. Probably because my previous assignment as a nurse pretty much involved the same work.







Deception

IMDB Rating: 6.1/10 from 2,737 users

"A female detective returns undercover to the wealthy family she grew up in -- as the maid's daughter to solve the murder of the notorious heiress who was once her closest friend." This show has just been cancelled. Why am I watching shows that get cancelled? Maybe I have poor taste. Lol.










IMDB Rating: 6.4/10 from 14,153 users

Who doesn't like seeing flight attendants? They're eye candies, and they serve you good airplane food! Haha. This, like the other shows above, is cancelled. I so much like Margot Robbie in here.









Underemployed

IMDB Rating: 6.2/10 from 1,210 users

"A group a five friends--Sophia, Daphne, Lou, Raviva and Miles--all filled with lofty goals, romantic dreams and hopefulness for complete world domination on their road to adulthood. But what happens when things don't go exactly according to plan?" Pretty much my life. Haha.










9.4/10 from 411,035 users

I don't like it, really. I'm not a fan of Game of Thrones' themes. I just watched it because of the bandwagon. "Seven noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros."







Now, you choose which to follow. Enjoy din pag may time!

1 comment:

Joy Marie Lor said...

Hi po, bagohan lang ako na sasalta sa KSA,to be specific sa Jeddah. Experience lang sana ang habol ko para makapag apply din sa dream country ko (Newzealand). Kaso hindi naman po hospital ang offer saken, as dental nurse lang po ako. Pwede na po ba yun or qualified po ba yun to apply sa NZ? Naghahanap lang po ng kasagutan and wala pa din po masyadong alam sa bagay bagay. Sana po mabigyan niyo ako ng words of encouragement. Salamat po.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post!